Thứ Năm, 1 tháng 10, 2015

Berita m88: Ronaldo in spiky rant at world's press: I am not obliged to speak!



The Portugal international scored twice in Europe to take his career goal tally to a landmark figure, before turning on the press who he feels have not respected him in the past

Cristiano Ronaldo broke his own media ban to criticise the world’s press after bringing up 500 career goals with a brace in Real Madrid’s win over Malmo in the Champions League on Wednesday.

The 30-year-old has not spoken publicly for nearly six months after growing tired of the way his comments and personal life were often reported.

However, after bringing up even more goalscoring milestones, including moving level with Raul as Real's all-time top scorer with 323, he decided the time was right to end his silence.

“When I don’t speak with the press it’s because something’s not going well,” he explained in an interview with El Partido de las 12.

“Everyone can think what they want. I don’t speak with the press more because the questions aren’t good, that’s why. Why do you ask about things that happened five or six months ago?

“Ask me about today, not things from a while ago. Why do I always have to speak? I am not obliged to speak. If I don’t speak, another [player] does.”

Ronaldo highlighted his latest goal scoring feats, claiming he never imagined he would match club legend Raul's record figure following his arrival from Manchester United in 2009.

He added: “I’m really happy to become the [joint] record goalscorer in the history of Madrid — it’s not something I expected when I arrived. I am satisfied with the record and I’ve already spoken with Raul. He phoned to say congratulations.”

Finally, the Portuguese star stated that he is content in the Spanish capital, although he refused to rule out a possible move in the future.

“I don’t know what can happen, but in this moment I am fine, I am happy here,” he responded to questions about one day leaving the Santiago Bernabeu.

“My relationship with the manager [Rafa Benitez] and with the president [Florentino Perez] is good. I’ve always got on well with both of them. I’m good here, but I don’t know what can happen in the future. I don’t know.”

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét